Hey, I was just thinking:.
There is far too much censorship in our world these days, and someone sent this to me in an email.
At first, I laughed and then I almost deleted it as being “too insensitive”.
But then I realized I was thinking this way, not out of concern for the people around the world who call themselves “Muslim’s”, but out some distorted “fear” of my perceptions of them, and (of course) I was swayed to some degree by what those (mysterious) radical terrorist factions might do, either to me or to others.
Well, that’s a problem in our society these days, this distortion of public opinion driven mostly by our press.
So, I am sharing this email with you, out of a sense that everyone in America really is equal. And that equality includes their having to be joked about, just like the rest of us in this country.
We Americans are a fantastic amalgam of races, religions and ethnicities. And. we all have something that someone can make fun of. In my America, People who call themselves “Muslims” deserve no more special treatments than anyone else in my America, so here goes.
Oh, and if you do have some perverted sense that you are so special that you should not be exposed to our American sense of equality, including our humor, then do not read the rest of this posting.
But, you might want to think about why you are here, sharing our great society, in the first place.
Have you ever wondered why it’s OK to make jokes about Catholics, the Pope, Jews, Christians, the Irish, the Italians, the Polish, the Chinese, the French (including French Canadians), the elderly, bad golfers, men/women ,blacks/whites, etc, but its insensitive to make jokes about Muslims?
Time to level the playing field and be politically correct by including the Muslims!
Jeff Foxworthy type jokes about Muslims:
1. If you refine heroin for a living, but you have a moral objection to liquor, You may be a Muslim.
2. If you own a $3,000 machine gun and a $5,000 rocket launcher, but you can’t afford shoes, You may be a Muslim.
3. If you have more wives than teeth, You may be a Muslim.
4. If you think vests come in two styles: Bullet-proof and suicide. You may be a Muslim
5. If you can’t think of anyone you haven’t declared jihad against, You may be a Muslim.
6. If you consider television dangerous but routinely carry explosives in your clothing, You may be a Muslim.
7. If you were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other than setting off roadside bombs, You may be a Muslim.
8. If you have nothing against women and think every man should own at least four, You may be a Muslim.
If you find this offensive and don’t forward it you are part of the problem in America!