Our politicians today are a privileged group of self-serving individuals that would not hesitate to sell anyone down the river to get what they want.
One of the problems we have today is the fact that the two political parties have polarized themselves so far to the two extremes of ideology (liberal and conservative) that they have become ineffective and basically in need of being replaced by people who believe in the goals of our original government; to serve the people, and not just themselves.
They should all carry a copy of the preamble to our Constitution and look at it regularly to assure that what they are doing supports these famous words;
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Once they have memorized this simple paragraph they need to know the whole Constitution before they can take their oath of office.
Below I have listed a joke that I have heard a number of times, but I thought it was a nice statement of just how stupid our politicians can become when they are spending someone else’s money.
It is a good satirical view of what two different politicians might do under the same circumstances.
A Joke, THE COYOTE
The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail.
A coyote jumps out and attacks the Governor’s dog, then bites the Governor.
1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie “Bambi” and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.
2. He calls animal control . Animal Control captures the coyote and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.
3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.
4. The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.
5. The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals.
6. The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a “coyote awareness program” for residents of the area.
7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
8. The Governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the attack. The State spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training re: the nature of coyotes.
9. PETA protests the coyote’s relocation and files a $5 million suit against the State.
The Governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature trail.
A Coyote jumps out and attacks his dog.
1. The Governor shoots the coyote with his State-issued pistol and keeps jogging.
The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.
2. The Buzzards eat the dead coyote.