I have a few hundred articles on HubPages, which is a writer’s site designed for my fellow writers and I to exhibit our works.
Recently, I started a series of articles focused on my wife and my lifestyle of traveling in our RV.
I will also include our opinions and comments on not only the places we have seen, but on some of our fellow campers.
If the title looks interesting to you, click on the link below to read and, I hope, enjoy that specific article.
It’s MY Turn, MY RV, and MY Lifestyle
I hope you enjoy!
by Don Bobbitt, 2017
Our adventures as campers this Summer are available online on my other site Rvandcamper.org..
My wife and I have been doing this for many, many years and we would like to share our experiences and knowledge with our fellow campers.
These are our personal experiences, of course, but we have also included a lot of TIPS for CAMPERS, as well as some useful information about the areas we visit and things we find to do. We provide these Tips to help you when you go camping.
As we travel, and camp, I am recording our travel days and what happens each day in posts on my blog RV and Camping. You can just click on this link and go directly to all of the articles about our camping adventure, or you can just scroll down this page and click on a link to a specific days story.
To make it easy to go to each of these specific blog posts, feel free to click on the appropriate days link and a page will open with the post on that specific day of our travels, what we do, and what we see.
I hope you like this approach and enjoy our travel dialogue.
Camping Adventures, Days 0 thru 49 and the end of the trip.
High Points of our trip:
- It must be Rainy season here, or so it seems with the constant showers.
- I took my camera downtown and got a number of pictures of some of the remaining old architecture on Main Street Lynchburg that I used on a Hubpage article. Worth checking out, I think.
- I get some writing done during the rains and we both read some books when the weather was at its worst.
- I spent some time concentrating on cleaning up my Satellite TV connections in our RV.
- More Days of Rain and the occasional storm, interspersed with July Fourth Fireworks,
- cookouts at our campsite.
- Visits from family, and a trip to the City Market for fresh vegetables.
- Making Jalapeno Poppers,
- A gathering of family and friends,
- A visit to the Appomattox Surrender Grounds.
- Much running around town, trying to get in those little things on our bucket list for our Lynchburg stay.
- Alternating between; Just Chillin’ at our campsite, visiting friends, and doing a little research on the area we will be traveling to next.
- Campgrounds a growing flock of Geese.
- A great dinner with my brother and his wife; homegrown tomatoes and mayonnaise on white bread. Yum!
- Preparing to leave Lynchburg the next day.
- Travel to our next camping site near Williamsburg. Making our camper safe for the trip.Unhooking from our Lynchburg Campsite, dumping tanks and driving to our next campground.
- Site selection at the Williamsburg campground, coping with a poor site selection, setting up in one that was very narrow and poor satellite service.
- Camping is often about making concessions, and making the best of what we had.
- A day of exercise in the Pool and just being lazy.
- Some experimenting with our satellite TV reception.
- A fantastic Dinner before relaxing in our campsite.
- Days of sporadic rains, and still searching for thing to do in the area.
- Visitors to our Camper, entertaining them and seeing the sights.
- Fresh Produce stands, and the lack of entertainment information.
- Restaurants, Tiki Bars, Flea Markets, first visit to Old Towne Williamsburg VA.
- Lazy days of just wandering around the Williamsburg area.
- More heat and more things to do, in Williamsburg, VA, after some serious searching.
- We finally figured how to take advantage of the heat itself and the very next day the weather changes.
- And, we ended up spending one afternoon making a nice visit to a local Winery.
- The last days in Williamsburg VA and our hops back to Florida.
- Then, once at home, our shutdown of the Camper before putting it into storage.
- Then, of course, the beginning of our planning for our next adventure.
It was an accident, or rather it was a mental slip on my part.
My wife and I were camping in a nice campground near Disney World. This had nothing to do with our wanting to go to that giant entertainment complex that eats up so much of Orlando.
In fact, we are old enough to have taken our children there many years ago, and we are old enough to have taken a number of our grand-children there, more recently.
So, I know what the place is like, and honestly, I recommend it for any family that has never been there.
But, we are RV people who just happened to be camping near there.
Well, my wife and I were planning a night out ad a good restaurant and she found a review of this place that sounded interesting. It was actually a restaurant attached to the Disney World complex.
Continue reading “I drove near Disney World and it was Traffic Hell!”
Snowbirds are a phenomenon that many people don’t really understand until they move here and become a resident, themselves.
There are so many people who live further North, even as far north as Canada, and eventually save enough money to spend most of their cold winters in Florida that they have this unique name, SNOWBIRD.
Well, Florida is a tourist state and much if its income is derived from what these winder transients spend while hiding form their cold winters, so its the rare public or political comment about how these people act towards the locals.
Continue reading “Hey SnowBirds! We Really Don’t Care!”
Finally, we got set up at the TT CG near Orlando.
Hungry. So We went to a Pub. Preparing 4 the coming Rain Storm at a Pub named Hurricane seemed appropriate!
BTW – 21 Craft Beers on Tap, Oh My!
Then, back 2 the RV and an afternoon of CHILLIN!
Don Bobbitt, 2015